- Vacancy reference number: 33296
- Position status: Continuing, Full-time
- Location: Rockhampton North
- Total salary: Academic C: $142,901 to $164,328 or Academic B: $116,650 to $138,526
- School/Directorate: School of Medical and Applied Sciences
Maintain and further develop your scholarly, research, and professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline. Perform assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve course and unit objectives.
You will also critically evaluate the operations of the teaching programme and communicate such evaluations to the relevant Head of Course/Dean/Deputy Vice-Chancellor as appropriate. As a Senior Lecturer, you will also provide leadership in the discipline through activities such as consultancy, performance and exhibition.
You are responsible for:
- Undertaking a significant role in research projects, including leadership of a research team, where appropriate.
- Supervision of honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of the course of study of honours students and of postgraduate students engaged in unit work.
- Developing unit material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior staff.
- Initiating and developing course/unit materials.
- Undertaking unit coordination.
- Preparing and delivering lecturers and seminars.
- Conducting tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions.
- Marking and assessment.
- Consulting with students.
- Being involved in professional activity.
- Undertaking broad administrative functions.
- Attending school and/or directorate/organisational unit meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
A full position description is attached.