Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 3,000 owners who share their cars with over 140,000 members.
About the role:
As a Product Writer at Car Next Door, you’ll be the bridge between our growing product and communication teams, helping create intuitive experiences through well-crafted, useful and meaningful text within our product and supporting communications. You’ll play a key role in defining product narratives across multiple platforms and touch-points at one of Australia’s most promising startups, working closely with our product managers, designers and communications team to clarify and simplify our user experience. If you have an eye for detail, a passion for usability and a knack for making complex things simple, come join us in crafting intuitive experiences for our growing car-sharing community.
This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working in our Sydney office or remotely within Australia.
As a core part of the team, you’ll be:
- Crafting copy across our web and app interfaces, help centre and supporting communications that helps our members borrow and share cars with ease
- Collaborating cross-functionally with design, product management, and marketing to ensure concepts are communicated consistently and cohesively across the product, with a steady tone of voice, good grammar and contextual awareness
- Working closely with the product team to ensure our users and our internal teams understand new features and changes to the platform or policy through clear product copy and release notes
- Optimising copy to increase the user’s understanding of the product, their engagement in expected behaviours, and their capability to resolve issues independently
- Identifying areas for improvement in the user experience through insights from user research and data
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years professional writing experience
- A portfolio showing your experience writing for digital products
- A knack for communicating complex concepts in simple terms
- A desire to understand your users and their needs
- A self-starter attitude with an ability to manage priorities of multiple projects
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Qualification in Communications, Writing, Journalism or similar
- Experience with CRO, SEO or other growth strategies
- Experience with user experience or user interface design