Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia. We’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport and to free the planet from the ‘one car, per person’ mentality. Since 2012, we have successfully grown to have around 2,300 cars on our platform and have had over 200,000 bookings.
About the role
We're looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our high-performing Repairs Team as a Motor Claims Officer. Your role will be to manage damage claims end-to-end. This involves delivering top-notch customer service to our owner and borrower members from the initial report to vehicle repair. The position will suit a perceptive, diligent and empathetic person who is looking to join a committed and successful team.
In this role, you will:
- Managing end-to-end damage claims from initial report to vehicle repair
- Managing inbound and outbound calls and emails regarding claims
- Conducting timely investigations to determine liability
- Liaising with relevant external stakeholders, like repairers, assessors, insurers and third parties
- Resolving complaints in accordance with guidelines
- Authorising payments within delegated limits
- Delivering high-quality claims outcomes and customer service to Car Next Door members
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Previous insurance claims experience is required, motor claims experience would be advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service
- Outstanding people skills. You will need to engage in conflict resolution in sensitive circumstances.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience in a written customer correspondence.
- Outstanding critical thinking and decision making skills. You will be analysing complex issues while managing competing priorities.
- Drive and motivation. You need to be a self-starter and have the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Energy and enthusiasm. We operate in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of personal responsibility.
- A high level of computer competency. You don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to be able to work across multiple systems simultaneously.
- A desire to learn. We’re looking for someone who is constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. Our goal is to provide the best member experience in Australia (for any industry) and you will need to learn all the skills to make that happen!
More about the role:
This is a full-time position in either Pyrmont, Sydney or North Melbourne. The offer will include a salary and potential equity for the right person. The salary range on offer is between $65,000-$80,000 including super, depending on experience. The hours for this role are between 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
Why work for Car Next Door?
- A free heavyweight membership, with a $30 driving credit applied to your account each month
- Development - we encourage staff to continuously grow both personally and professionally by providing opportunities to network, attend events and access to learning materials
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of the business with involvement in our company-wide conference on a quarterly basis
- Annual salary reviews
- More than a job - employees at Car Next Door get to be a part of something that is changing the way people get around, challenging the status quo, and creating a better future!