The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
About the Role
CMY seeks a Multicultural Youth Worker who will be responsible for supporting young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds living in the Ballarat region. The position involves the delivery of group programs developed in response to local needs and delivered in community and school-based settings, as well as providing information and referral support to assist young people access local services.
- Hours: 30.4 hours (4 days) per week
- Fixed Term: 30 June 2019 (the contract time frame for this position may be extended subject to overall funding contract renewal, and pending successful probation period)
- Base Salary SCHADS 4: $66,788 per annum pro rata (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Ballarat Office
You will have
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as youth work, social sciences, community development or education and/or work experience in the refugee or youth sector;
- An understanding of and sensitivity to issues affecting young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering programs to young people and understanding of positive group facilitation and training practices;
- An understanding of youth participation and community development principles;
- Experience in delivering programs in partnership with other organisations and an ability to collaborate with a diverse range stakeholders.
For more information