- Responsible to: Communications Director
- Responsible for: Nil direct reports
- Location: Consumers Health Forum of Australia, Deakin, Canberra, ACT
- Status: Full time, 12 month contract
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE) 0.8 FTE will also be considered
- Salary Range: $75,000 plus superannuation and access to salary packaging
Remuneration & Benefits:
Base salary plus superannuation at statutory rate
Salary packaging in line with Registered Health Promotion Charity status
Flexible work practices
The Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF) is the national peak body representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers and those with an interest in health consumer affairs. CHF works to achieve safe, quality, timely healthcare for all Australians, supported by accessible health information and systems.
CHF does this by:
- Advocating on behalf of consumers for consumer-centred health policies and programs
- Engaging with the members of CHF to be influential voices in healthcare
- Empowering consumers to be active participants in healthcare decision making
- Harnessing evidence to develop and promote consumer-centred health polices and services
- Sustaining a member-driven, values-based, well governed organisation.
- Our members’ knowledge, experience and involvement
- A policy culture that that values consumer experiences and insights
- Early intervention, prevention and early diagnosis
- Collaborative, integrated health and social care
- Working in partnerships with members and stakeholders.
CHF members and wider networks reach thousands of Australian health consumers across a wide range of health interests and health system experiences. CHF policy is developed through consultation with members and stakeholders, ensuring that CHF maintains a broad, representative, health consumer perspective.
CHF is committed to being an active advocate in the ongoing development of Australian health policy and practice. CHF has recently refreshed our strategy. Our Strategic Plan 2018-2022 is accompanied by a long term funding diversification plan.
Our organisational objectives are:
Advocating for impact – making credible and authoritative contributions to national health and social care policy and system design
Consumers shaping health – equipping consumer leaders to act with impact and influence
Partnering for purpose – strategically partnering with members, networks and stakeholders to maximise the impact of consumer voices and shape better health and social care
Resilient and strong – maintain and growing a strong and diverse membership, and assuring our financial sustainability.
Purpose of role
To undertake engagement and communication activities to support the work of CHF with a particular emphasis on improving the use of online and digital media to engage members, stakeholders in health and related industries, consumers and the wider community in advocacy and policy development. The position supports the broad range of CHF communication activities and will take responsibility for both the monthly e-bulletin to members, HealthUpdate and the bi-monthly e-newsletter to stakeholders Consumers Shaping Health and our bi-annual e-journal Health Voices.
- Take responsibility for CHF’s social media presence on the full range of social media sites, including identifying new opportunities to strategically deploy social media to engage with health consumers and other stakeholders.
- Produce and distribute CHF’s member and stakeholder digital communications including regular newsletters.
- Take responsibility for CHF website content and quality assurance, ensuring it is appropriate and up-to-date.
- Take responsibility for the coordination, maintenance and further development of CHF’s #BeHealthAware health literacy portal
- To work closely with the Consumer and Member Relationship Coordinator and Executive Officer to realise the full potential of our website and CRM.
- Engage and communicate with consumers and CHF members to understand their issues, experiences and desired outcomes and reflect this in CHF’s communications.
- Demonstrated experience in creating engaging content across digital channels using skills such as copywriting, editing, graphic design, photography and video production.
- Experience in managing social media platforms in a professional capacity.
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Capacity to work independently as well as contribute to the work of the team in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of consumer health issues and experience working with consumers.
A full position description is available below.