- 12 month fixed-term role
- Not-For-profit, Housing Association with great salary packaging benefits
- Richmond based, with flexible working conditions
Common Equity Housing Limited (CEHL) Common Equity Housing Limited (CEHL) is Victoria's largest Housing Association and both a provider and developer of affordable housing. CEHL proudly houses 5,000 people in 2,200 properties across Victoria, with an asset value in excess of $900 million.
CEHL partners with member cooperatives to deliver an effective and sustainable cooperative housing program underpinned by strong values. CEHL actively promotes the vital role co-operative models can play as part of the solution to Victoria's housing affordability crisis and making a difference in people's lives.
The Program Team Leader will supervise team members and oversee the effective day-to-day operation of program management and development activities, as well being as the first point of contact for Program advice in the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the allocation of planned and responsive work to team members, ensuring service standards are met and supervising the performance of individual team members.
- Monitoring the flow of sensitive issues through organisational processes to resolution, ensuring adherence to delegated authority in decision making and communicating directly with affected individuals where required.
- Overseeing the consistent delivery of program management functions for the co-op housing program, and develop or improve related systems, processes, templates and tools where needed.
- Collaboratively working across the organisation to achieve organisational outcomes, including identifying and co-ordinating inputs from other teams to project, policy and program development.
- Provision of high quality and practical policy advice and recommendations on complex issues.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of strategic Program projects.
- Communication of program policies and projects in a way which is meaningful and useful to co-op members and other teams in the organisation.
- Presenting at small to large workshops and meetings, to CEHL staff and co-operative members, including offsite and some after hours and/or on weekends
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications or equivalent industry
- Knowledge of community housing sector/ co-operative housing/ or member based organisations an advantage
- Relevant degree and experience in a relevant role OR
- Lesser qualification with substantial relevant experience.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven work experience in team supervision, team building and performance management.
- Able to lead a team in challenging environments with changing priorities, and demonstrate a resourceful, resilient and solution focussed approach.
- High level of self-organisation to complete work plan activities in a timely way and an ability to promote this approach with team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate complicated ideas in easy to understand ways with different audiences.
- Able to consult, liaise, influence and build effective relationships with a diverse range of individuals and groups
Critical thinking and decision making:
- Strong information gathering, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to identify gaps in complex policy and propose changes or short and long term solutions, including policy development, implementation and advice.
- Have good judgement, knowing when to escalate issues with the correct contacts or when to act within delegated authority.
- Able to develop tools, templates, systems and processes.
Why Work For Us
- Great FBT Salary Packaging Benefits
- Amazing Culture
- Generous Learning and Development policy
- Flexible working environment