- You are a genuine people person, willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done, while supporting a team of ‘account managers’ who are responsible for building sustainable, valued relationships with monetary supporters of Cancer Council NSW
- This role offers touch points right across the organisation and the opportunity for career growth with leaders in their field
Celebrating over 60 years, Cancer Council NSW is a 94% community funded, community focussed not for profit. Cancer Council NSW is the largest cancer charity in NSW and its point of difference is that it works across all stages of the cancer journey from research and prevention to end of life.
As part of our wider Marketing and Fundraising Division, you will be joining the Philanthropy Unit, that play a vital role in ensuring the future viability and growth of CCNSW by broadening and strengthening our fundraising base through the development of strong and lasting relationships with our major donors, corporate partnerships, trusts and foundations, aligned to our brand.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and executing key events and engagements for the Philanthropy Unit.
- Supporting the team on the coordination and administration of existing philanthropic partners including Major Donors, Corporate Partners and Trust & Foundations to create sustainable relationships.
Reporting to the Engagement Lead, based in our Woolloomooloo office, key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Coordination and execution of a series of engagement events for philanthropic partners throughout the year. Including coordination of event logistics, guest lists and post event communications.
- Support the Engagement Manager and Relationship Manager on the development of processes and execution of engagement plans for philanthropic partners
- Delivering the Workplace Giving Program fostering relationships with Workplace Giving partners
- Delivering the Corporate Volunteering Program, implementing Corporate Volunteering strategy and executing Corporate Volunteering days
- Support with the execution of CCNSW tours to further engage philanthropic partners, including compiling pre-tour briefs.
As a self-starter with a solution focussed approach, and a willingness to learn and develop, you will also bring:
- Experience in fundraising and marketing, event, sales or public relations
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound communication, organisational and project coordination skills.
- Passionate about delivering inspiring experiences to connect donors to the cause.
- Highly professional and articulate.
- Proven ability to show initiative, work collaboratively, prioritise work requirements, consult appropriately and respond to direction.
High level of competency with excel, word, PowerPoint and basic understanding of databases.