CORE Community Services Ltd is a not for profit organisation operating in South West Sydney for more than 40 years. We provide a wide range of services, activities and programs across 5 Services – Children's Services, Youth Services, Multicultural Communities, Aged and Disability Care (ADC) and Community Engagement.
The CORE ADC service provides support and assistance to frail older people, people with dementia and younger people with disabilities to continue to live at home safely and independently.
Your role is responsible for delivering comprehensive nursing care to consumers and support to their family. Oversee nursing tasks undertaken by support workers, and support Case Managers including training and assessment. Supervise Support Workers who provide direct services to consumers and contribute to the continuous quality improvement of service delivery. The role will also support various programs on a temporary basis.
Key responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Provide effective, responsive, goals focused and outcome based case management
- Oversee the delivery of clinical care of our consumers
- Provide back up support to other Case Managers/Service Officers during leave period
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulation guidelines, policies and procedures
- Developing and managing consumer budgets and actively work with consumers to ensure support is provided within budget constraints
- Liaising with preferred providers in relation to consumer assessments, needs, requirements, and recommendation for products, treatment and services
- Actively support and wellness and Re-ablement philosophy.
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff
To be considered for this role, you must have proven knowledge and experience in the following:
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and at least two years’ recent nursing experience working with frail older people, people with a disability and their carers/families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Consumer Directed Care and the wellness/re-ablement approach.
- Highly developed assessment, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Team-orientated with experience leading a team of staff
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- A high level of computer literacy
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current and valid NSW drivers licence
What’s in it for you?
- A friendly, supportive environment - people love working for CORE and you will too.
- Fixed Term Part Time Contract with flexible working arrangement.
- Training and Support is provided.
- Attractive salary packaging and salary solutions.
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP.
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference in people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.