- Senior Strategic Leadership Role
- International Aid and Development Agency
- Drive Change and Innovation in supporting marginalised communities
- Sydney-based with occasional travel within Australia and overseas
Caritas Australia is the Australian Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, our Mission is to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and development.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of International Programs is a member of the executive Leadership Team and is responsible for delivering Caritas Australia’s Humanitarian Response initiatives and development Programs in 18 Countries including our First Australians programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership of the International Programs Team
- Stakeholder Liaison and Advocacy
- Risk Management and Mitigation for all field operations
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Your experience in effectively leading a diverse international humanitarian aid and development portfolio will be highly valued along with your:
- Strong leader of people with proven record of success in managing people, programs and budgets, well-developed team-building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and determination to effectively address complex and sensitive issues.
- Excellent financial, analytical, planning and strategic change management skills
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and experience working in an international aid and development agency
- Demonstrated commitment to applying the principles of Catholic Social Teachings
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with faith-based agencies
A full Position Description is attached below.