Tweed / Byron areas
- Parental leave replacement until 18 October 2019
- Full time - 38 Hours per week
- Mobile role supporting clients in the Northern NSW Local Health District
- Varsity Lakes, QLD office hub for training and team meetings
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
- Option of a monthly ADO
About Care Connect
As an independent home care specialist, Care Connect have been helping people live independently at home and stay connected with their family, friends and community for over 24 years. We are a not-for-profit organisation approved to provide government funded Home Care Packages. Through our independent advice and guidance, we tailor a home care plan so clients receive the right services to meet their individual needs and stay living happily at home.
At Care Connect we value collaboration, courage, authenticity, respect and excellence. These values are modelled by our team as we work with each other, our clients and our partnered service providers.
About the Role
We are seeking a sociable, customer focused individual to work proactively across all aspects of the ComPacks program. As a Client Adviser - ComPacks, you will use your case management skills working collaboratively with eligible clients to develop flexible, personalised care plans to enable the safe discharge from hospital to their home. Under the ComPacks program, clients can access services for up to 6 weeks from the time of discharge from hospital. In this role you will work in a mobile team environment and will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct hospital and home visits, providing independent advice and guidance to clients and their families;
- Maximise a client's quality of life by managing and monitoring the provision of direct supports into the home;
- Liaise with Care Connect employees, stakeholders, service providers, specialists or complex care providers on behalf of the client and Care Connect;
- Conduct reviews of clients, including revising their care plan, goals, services and budget;
- Ensure operations are conducted ethically, fairly and within the statutory legal and contractual requirements.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional customer/client service
- Proven experience managing a high client load
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and support for a range of client needs
- Experience meeting targets and KPIs
- Experience managing client budgets
- Being responsive and accountable for time sensitive tasks
- Experience with person centred care planning processes, including assessment and establishing client goals
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Capacity to work independently and remotely in a mobile environment as part of a multi-function team
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite and exposure and/or ability to acquire skills for in-house client database systems
- Tertiary qualifications in social science, health/welfare discipline, or a related field
- In the absence of completed health or allied health tertiary qualifications, experience in the delivery of person-centred practices and case management in a related field
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Care Connect and a valid NSW Working with Children Check provided by the applicant, as requested.
- A statutory declaration is required, confirming residency in a country other than Australia. Depending on the information provided a international police check/s may also be required.
- Part of our selection process requires the completion of psychometric assessments.
- Must have own vehicle with comprehensive insurance and current drivers licence.
- Immunisation record in line with NSW Health vaccination policy, or willingness to obtain.
- Workplace tools to support a mobile role including a phone and laptop
- Flexible working environment with an understanding, supportive and positive team
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options