Challenges Abroad Australia is a social enterprise that offers a range of exciting student led volunteer programs that provide our participants with the opportunity to experience a new culture and develop as global citizens while making a difference to disadvantaged communities overseas. We select students to become Challenge Leaders, provide them with essential skills through a series of training and development sessions, and empower them to build and lead a team of fellow students on an overseas challenge.
Our aim is to excel in creating innovative overseas programs that are mutually beneficial to both the local community and our volunteers and to become known as the organisation of choice in Australia for responsible overseas volunteering. To help us grow we are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and committed individual to join our small and dynamic Australian team. This role offers a lot of responsibility, independence and the opportunity to develop personally and professionally. Not to mention the amazing opportunities to travel overseas to see our programs first hand!
So what will you be doing?
You will be responsible for recruiting Challenge Leaders and supporting them in recruiting and managing their teams as well as ensuring all participants are prepared and supported in the lead up to their departure and when they return. You will also be involved in the management of our customised, credit-bearing university programs.
You will be based in Brisbane and will be required to travel to universities throughout QLD (sometimes further afield) to effectively support your student teams as well as to develop university partnerships for us to be able to market our programs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing marketing plans to meet the set targets
- Increasing our brand presence using social media and other promotional avenues
- Recruiting volunteers and challenge leaders to travel on our programs
- Mentoring your challenge leaders throughout their leadership program
- Supporting volunteers as they prepare to travel
- Keeping on top of developments in the industry
- Providing input for new product developments for us to continue to grow as an organisation
What skills and experience you will need?
You will need to be an outgoing individual, with a high degree of energy and enthusiasm which you are able to transmit to others to inspire them to volunteer overseas. We would expect you to have:
- Previous experience promoting products to students
- An understanding of the university student mobility sector
- Personal experience of travelling and volunteering overseas
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to create and deliver engaging presentations
- The ability to work independently and remotely
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience
What will you earn?
We are offering a competitive remuneration package with a high incentive structure on delivery of business goals and targets. The package will be based on experience and tailored to the individual.