- Full time position
- Not for Profit sector
- Located in grounds of The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Database experience essential
Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens is looking for a highly competent and experienced Database Administrator. In this role you will be responsible for the management of our customer relationship management system including the efficient processing of transactions, maintenance of the membership and donor records and providing administration support for our art exhibitions.
Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens is a membership based, not-for-profit organisation supporting and working closely with The Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust. We currently have 5,000 members and 300 volunteers. Funds raised help support horticulture, education programs, scientific research and conservation initiatives across three botanic gardens: The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney; The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan; and The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah.
About the Role
This role reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and works closely with the entire team. Specifically, the role is responsible for:
- Management of the database, ensuring integrity and accuracy of the database
- Management of database upgrades and implementation of new functionality
- Efficient processing of transactions for memberships, donations and event bookings
- Co-ordinating and supervising volunteers that support the processing of database (thankQ) transactions
- Generating mail outs and reports from the database
- Resolving issues with the database provider customer support team
- Performing database and excel related tasks for exhibitions, including but not limited to distributing email mailouts, printing of address labels and preparation of mail merges, managing the information and data required for exhibitions.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in database administration - thankQ is preferred but not essential
- Experience in testing applications and managing resolution of issues with the database provider
- Superior level of computer literacy including MS Word and Excel
- Logical thinker with the ability to interrogate issues and recommend solutions
- Experience in or knowledge of membership based or not for profit organisations is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise conflicting priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of MYOB or other accounting software desirable but not essential.