- Part time 4 days per week
- Ongoing position
- Based in Warrnambool
Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behavior
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the new role of Team Leader Disability & Therapeutic Services. Bethany is looking to further develop its Disability and Therapeutic Counselling programs within the South West and is seeking an innovative and experienced leader with the capacity to work as part of a leadership team to identify new and emerging opportunities and support the development of local initiatives and service expansion. This position, based in Warrnambool is a part-time position 4 days per week and will be reporting to the Manager South West Services.
- Provide effective management and leadership of programs ensuring quality service delivery.
- Foster and lead a staff culture consistent with the agency values and codes of conduct.
- Oversee client intake, assessment and allocation process for new clients
- Provide high quality staff supervision including day to day consultation and support, fortnightly scheduled supervision and annual performance reviews.
- Participate in program planning, monitor program targets and evaluate outcomes through staff reports, database results and client feedback.
Skills and Attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, counselling or a related human services or behavioural sciences degree.
- Leadership skills including experience in staff supervision
- Ability to develop new and maintain existing key stakeholder relationships
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
For more information go to www.bethany.org.au.