Business Development Lead – Philanthropic Partnerships
Create a high performing Business Development team dedicated to identifying and securing new business opportunities across Major Donors, Trust and Foundations and Corporate Partnerships. Develop new business strategy and lead the team to meet ambitious targets and generate income for the organisation.
This role would suit a commercially driven salesperson looking to transition into the sector or someone coming out of a strategic new business role within major donor fundraising, corporate partnerships or trusts and foundations etc (or a combination or revenue streams).
Work within an amazing charity, with inspirational leaders going through a period of growth. This role will offer huge potential to develop the Major Donors, Trust and Foundations and Corporate Partnerships income streams in a strategic role.
- Develop and implement the new business strategy for Major Donors, Trust and Foundations and Corporate Partnerships.
- Create and lead a team responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities over the three income streams.
- Collaborate with the Executive team to develop high value multiyear opportunities.
- Develop a business development pipeline of prospects and create engaging pitches to secure stakeholders.
- Set ambitious targets and revenue goals, track budgets and communicate progress with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the Engagement Manager to ensure a smooth transition between the development and account management team.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to develop marketing and communication strategies to engage with key influencers.
Skills & Attributes
- Proven success in an income generating new business development role, within the not-for-profit or commercial sector.
- Experience developing and implementing a successful new business strategy, with a track record of meeting and exceeding ambitious financial targets.
- Previous experience managing new business pipelines and new business processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with experience pitching and presenting to key stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to engage and influence executive level stakeholders and board members.
- Sound project and budget management skills.
- A passion to work within the not-for-profit sector.