- Exciting, senior climate change role
- Temporary Contract July 2019 to June 2022
- Great work environment and competitive remuneration
- Greensborough location
Banyule City Council has an unique opportunity for a detailed focused and driven Senior Energy Officer to join our Environment Team on a temporary full time basis. In this new position you will play a critical role in the delivery of ambitious corporate and community carbon abatement projects.
About the role
The Environment team provides education, advice, project management and delivery services, driving Council towards carbon neutrality. The team works with both internal and external stakeholders relating to the key areas of climate change, biodiversity and environmental stewardship.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Council's $5M Climate Action Package, supporting staff to ensure capital work projects are planned for and delivered to time and within budget.
- Lead the development of a business case investigation into large scale renewable energy opportunities for Banyule.
- Recruit, manage and energise a new team of climate action experts
- Deliver strategic and technical advice to Council in relation to climate change
You will have:
- A degree or diploma in environmental science, environmental engineering or related discipline.
- A technical understanding of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- Working knowledge of best practice approaches to carbon management within local government (including frameworks such as NCOS and the C40 Climate Action Planning Framework).
- Sound project management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting technical information to a range of audiences.
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Salary range $92,972.89 to 103,726.22 plus super
- Temporary contract July 2019 to June 2022
- Monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport.
- 20% discount in your yearly myki pass.