Fun and outstanding opportunity to manage our brand-new store on Pakington St, West Geelong. With great hours and benefits! We are looking for someone who is energetic and motivated to grow in a renowned company; who loves engaging with customers, motivating people and taking ownership. If this opportunity excites you and you think “this is me”, then please submit your resume along with the screening questionnaire!
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Retail Stores Group is part of Social Enterprise. The retail network was originally started as a fundraising venture to support and subsidise the community work associated with the Brotherhood’s vision of an Australia Free of Poverty.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Store Manager is responsible to manage staff and resources in order to ensure the operational needs of the store are met to maximise financial returns.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in store manager role
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team with the ability to supervise, mentor and support staff and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad range of people at all levels and provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to recommend and make positive changes in the workplace
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to adapt to plan workload, priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to the changing demands of the business
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ attitude and a focus on achieving results and excellence
- OH&S training (5 day Representative Training) or willingness to complete
- Understanding of and empathy with the value and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Retail Certificate 3 or above
- Drivers licence
- Manual handling training (highly desirable)
- Visual merchandising training
- Previous experience working in large format and high-volume sales environment
- Experience in recycled goods will be preferable
This is a full time position, working 38 hours per week, 12 month maximum term.