- Join our retail team in Kilsyth
- Full-time permanent position
- Attractive salary packaging provisions available to increase take home pay
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Retail Stores Group is part of Social Enterprise. The retail network was originally started as a fundraising venture to support and subsidise the community work associated with the Brotherhood’s vision of an Australia Free of Poverty.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Store Manager is responsible to manage staff and resources in order to ensure the operational needs of the store are met to maximise financial returns.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Previous retail experience (experience in recycled goods will be preferable)
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team with the ability to supervise, mentor and support staff and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad range of people at all levels and provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to recommend and make positive changes in the workplace
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to adapt to plan workload, priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to the changing demands of the business
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ attitude and a focus on achieving results and excellence
- OH&S training (5 day Representative Training) or willingness to complete
- Understanding of and empathy with the value and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Retail Certificate 3 or above
- Drivers licence
- Manual handling training (highly desirable)
- Visual merchandising training
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week, based at our Kilsyth store.
Salary will be in the range of $52,692.12 - $59,337.20 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.