- Become part of a team that is devoted to making the world a mentally healthier place
- Join a collaborative Education team and be a part of this exciting opportunity to promote and coordinate the uptake of the Black Dog Institute’s range of community and school education programs
- Permanent full-time position
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
The Black Dog Institute's Education Team is responsible for the delivery of accredited training programs to health professionals, and non-accredited training to workplaces and community groups.
The purpose of this role is to promote and coordinate the uptake of Black Dog Institute’s range of community and school education programs. The role provides project management of Black Dog Institute community and school education, engaging directly with a variety of stakeholders to take proactive steps to develop mental health skills and knowledge for schools and general community.
Through the promotion of Black Dog Institute’s evidence informed community education programs and resources, this role contributes to the increased reach, impact, and reputation of Black Dog Institution Education programs.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including education partner organisations, community organisations, primary health networks, and government departments to expand the uptake of community education programs.
- Identify and establish delivery partnerships for community education programs with national, state and local organisations.
- Contribute to reports on education programs and activity for the Board and Annual Report; fulfil reporting requirements to external funding bodies and stakeholders.
- Promote BDI community education programs via client meetings, attendance at relevant conferences and networking events, EDMs, flyers, website updates, and external advertisements.
- Manage the implementation of community education contracts of work, new training programs, grants and tenders.
- Respond to enquiries from clients, establishing scope of work and objectives, and generating proposals.
- Contribute to formulation and implementation of Education Team strategic, operational and business plans, marketing strategies, budgets and unit procedures.
- Ensure self and all staff comply with all WHS legislation WHS Policy and Procedures.
- Holds a degree, associate diploma or equivalent qualification in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, building effective networks and managing relationships with external organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and all aspects of program delivery to deadline and budget/targets.
- Proven ability to work independently and contribute effectively as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- High level computer literacy across MS Office suite and other CRM based programs.
- A knowledge of EEO principles and WH&S responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant WH&S training.
1. Relevant experience in mental health and/or the primary health sector
The Black Dog Institute is an EEO Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A full Position Description is attached below.