- Become part of a team that is devoted to making the world a mentally healthier place
- We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Learning and Development Manager to join our collaborative Education team for a maternity leave cover of a maximum term of 12 months full-time starting 2nd of December 2019.
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
This position provides leadership in the design and development of education resources across Knowledge Translation, Discovery and Innovation portfolios, utilising expert project and stakeholder management skills to ensure the success of multiple, complex projects internal and external to the Institute. The position provides expert androgogical advice and ensures that products, programs and resources are aligned to current adult learning principles.
- Actively contribute to the Education Team’s strategic and operational plans, acting as a key conduit to communicate priorities from Discovery and Innovation portfolios which will impact Education activity and delivery
- Create, implement and drive the Learning and Development annual operational workplan
- Lead the Learning and Development team, providing inspiring and motivating day to day leadership, embedding the values of Black Dog Institute into all that the team does
- Develop the capability of direct reports through effective on the job coaching and effective performance management
- Lead the design and development of multiple, complex, high quality, educationally sound products, programs and resources to time and budget
- Lead excellent customer service to external and internal clients at all levels of business
- Recognise, solve problems, and initiate solutions
- Ensure self and all staff comply with all WHS legislation WHS Policy and Procedures
- Train new staff and coach existing staff in WHS practices
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (eg. Education, Learning and Development) and 5 years’ experience in a related field, including management expertise.
- Exceptional people management skills demonstrated to create a coherent team aligned to an organisation’s values in action.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex education resource development projects to time and budget; excellent organisation, time management and prioritisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders, vendors and contractors utilising excellent consultation, liaison and negotiation skills to produce positive project outcomes.
- Outstanding instructional design capability and proven application of adult learning concepts and educational theory to resource development projects.
- Proven ability to work flexibly and adapt as necessary to the demands of multiple projects, identify and solve problems and initiate solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- High level computer literacy, including but not limited to MS Office suite.
- Experience in the mental health and/or education sector.
- Experience in the not for profit sector.