Belconnen Community Service (BCS) is a regional community service formed by the people of Belconnen and incorporated in 1975. BCS provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen region.
About the Role
Reporting to the Centre’s Director, this position plans and provides nutritious meals and refreshments for the children at the Early Childhood Centre in Bruce.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Manage and wok in accordance with the Centre’s Food Safety Plan ensuring other staff members are compliant
- Plan menus on four weekly cycles within budgetary guidelines and in consultation with Centre’s Director.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the menus and adjust them in consultation with Centre’s Director, staff and parents.
- Order and maintain appropriate food supplies according to menu requirements and stock rotation.
- Perform cleaning duties in your work environment and maintain a high standard of hygiene.
- Engage with children and families to plan the menu.
- Engage with children in maintaining the vegetable garden.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in food handling, cooking and food safety.
- Skills, knowledge and experience in preparing meals and snacks for large numbers of children.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a nutritious menu for young children and maintain written receipts and documentation.
- An ability to uphold time schedules for meal preparation and delivery whilst remaining flexible to the children’s needs.
- A proven ability to manage the kitchen environment in a safe and responsible manner.
- A good understanding of menu planning and cost effective supplies ordering within budgetary constraints.
- Knowledge of relevant Territory and Federal Government Acts and Regulations in relation to food hygiene standards and workplace safety.
- Employees are required to hold a satisfactory Working with Vulnerable People registration and have this with them at all times whilst employed by BCS.
- Employees are also required to undertake a National Criminal History Clearance by BCS prior to commencing and every three years thereafter as a condition of employment. Employees are required to advise BCS of any convictions that may affect their eligibility to work or performing the inherent requirements of their position.
- BCS may require the incumbent to undertake employment screening such as a medical assessment, functional assessment or psychological profile prior to an offer of employment and/or as determined by BCS during employment.