BASScare is a NFP which operates an integrated program of services including meals-on-wheels, residential care facilities, respite care, dementia specific services, retirement living, as well as planned activity groups at day centres, for older people who wish to remain active and engaged with their local communities.
At BASScare, we actively engage with clients, their families, friends and carers to determine their expectations of care and provide the best possible level of residential and community services.
Our Residential home located in Canterbury is currently searching for a talented, committed and experienced ACFI – Aged Care Funding Instrument coordinator. BASScare is excited about implementing the Household Model. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
The Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and thorough documentation required to meet the Aged Care Funding Instrument submissions within the scheduled time frames. This includes:
- That ACFI income reflects the residents’ true care needs
- Prior to submission of an ACFI, review all information to ensure it is accurate and justifies the claim being lodged
- Assisting staff to complete clinical records accurately in accordance with organisational policies and procedures to ensure sound validation of any claims lodged
- Submitting ACFI claims through Medicare in a timely manner
- Ensuring all care plans have been completed and approved
- Ensuring all resident care plans are goal orientated and focus on the specific needs of the individual resident
- Regularly reviewing resident iCare records and funding scores to identify potential changes in resident care that could warrant an ACFI reappraisal
- You are committed to continuous improvement and keen to learn and develop
- You want to be part of the Household Model of Care
- You understand the importance of assisting and supporting residents to maintain independence and dignity with respect to activities of daily living and lifestyle
- You are committed to supporting person centred care
- You are comfortable mentoring and providing advice to staff to support their understanding of ACFI
- Your administration skills including computer skills are of a very high standard
- You are passionate about education and training, you take a lead role in promoting the value of up skilling and everyday strive to achieve
- Registered Nurse, Registered with APHRA
- 3 years working experience in residential Aged Care
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACFI and accreditation process
- Previous experience with electronic clinical record - preferably iCare
- Experience in management and monitoring of workforce learning and development
Hours of work:
Flexible working arrangement can be provide for the perfect ACFI super star.
Part time or Full time, the choice is yours, 4 or 5 days per week, hours to suit.
Salary and benefits:
- $44.0626 - this will depend on experience
- Access to our generous Not for Profit salary packaging
- Access to training and development
- Access to our Employee Assist Program (EAP)
- Close to public transport
- Free onsite parking
- Uniform provided
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- Supportive and inclusive team environment