- Full time hours
- Ongoing role
- Sydney or Melbourne location
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The IT Security Engineer performs three core functions:
- day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions (Firewall, IPS, Proxy, Anti-malware, SIEM, DLP, IVA, etc.)
- monitoring, identification, investigation and resolution of exceptions/ incidents detected by/ identified against these systems
- executing security scans and assessments of the enterprise IT infrastructure, systems, applications and data
In addition, this role is involved with the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, procedure, standards, baselines and guidelines as well as periodic reporting of vulnerabilities, security gaps and the mitigation action plans.
What you will bring
- Extensive recent experience in IT Security/ Cyber Security service delivery
- Proven track record implementing, configuring, operating and monitoring UTM firewalls, antivirus systems, vulnerability management solutions, SIEM solutions and DLP solutions
- Highly developed analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Experience developing technical standards, baselines and guidelines aligned with NIST/ CIS and OEM recommendations
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Office 365)
- Proficiency in writing scripts in one or more scripting languages (PowerShell preferred)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and industry certifications essential
Why Red Cross
This role will maintain IT Security and directly contribute to the Red Cross Strategy 2020 goal of maintaining a strong, innovative, sustainable and accountable organisation capable of achieving our humanitarian goals. Red Cross offers attractive salary packaging options and flexible work arrangements.
To find out more about this opportunity, refer to the position description below or contact Dennis Singh on 03 9223 9105.
513384 IT Security Engineer PD - Sept 2019.pdf