- Maximum Term (until 31 December 2019)
- Full-time role (38 hours per week)
- Based in Maryborough, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will provide case management support to people who may be engaged in risk taking behaviours and require supports to engage with family, school and community.
This position is responsible for adopting a case management approach that is planned, integrated and delivered in a coordinated way.
What you will bring
- Significant experience of working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, in a community services’ organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience of administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through appointments, service and study
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current and valid Australian drivers licence
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For more information refer to the Position Description: Position Description - Case Manager Generic IYS.pdf.