- Make a difference every day, great leadership opportunity!
- Achieve personal satisfaction, professional growth, be rewarded for your efforts
- Nhulunbuy based
Our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service and safety. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to join our Community Development Program (CDP) Team, you are a positive, committed professional who strongly identifies with our mission and who fully understands how the successful delivery of our CDP program will improve the quality of life of participants, their families and the communities in which we operate.
About the role:
As our new Operations Manager you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong stakeholder engagement within the community and find potential partnership opportunities to continue to grow the CDP service delivery in the region. The ultimate objective of the role is to develop, manage and lead the team, which enables CDP participants and other community members to pursue and achieve their goals, improve their quality of life and increase the support to access all opportunities available within community. The role will ensure the CDP Team is at the forefront in delivering services that are compliant, current and relevant -improving operational preparedness and capability.
Keys to your success will be:
- Experience in a similar role (min 3yrs) and qualifications in human services, employment services, community welfare, social work or community development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Proven leadership skills and experience, the ability to coach, mentor and guide your Team Members to achieve organisational goals in at times complex and challenging scenarios
- Successful outcomes of CDP service delivery and operations - particularly in relation to contract delivery, funding applications and acquittals, performance management & evaluations and reporting
- Commitment to continuous improvement with the demonstrated ability to apply project management skills to a variety of ongoing projects simultaneously to maximise efficiency and performance
- Dedication to ensuring the WHS framework remains robust in dynamic workplaces and ensures all Team Members are championing WHS procedures within CDP operations
What's on offer:
- The opportunity to continue to build your career within ALPA, Australia's largest Aboriginal corporation, one that is fully self-funded and who's Board is 100% Yolngu
- Lead your Teams to deliver meaningful outcomes where most needed
- Excellent remuneration package - based on skills and experience | salary sacrificing options | generous leave and reward programs
- Access to ALPA's Employee Assistance Program & more