The Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA) is owned by the Yolngu people of East Arnhem Land and governed by an Indigenous Board of Directors. We started as a co-op of community stores in sheds 44 years ago and through our entrepreneurial spirit, we have grown to become the largest Aboriginal Corporation in Australia. We now have over 1200 employees (over 80% of whom are Indigenous) and our operational footprint covers approximately 1.2 million square kilometre of some of the most remote parts of Australia. We aim to continue to build on our successes, as we work to our mission of enhancing the social and economic development of our employees and members giving primacy to their cultural heritage dignity and desire of equality with their fellow Australians by providing sustainable jobs, appropriate training and driving economic development everywhere we operate.
ALPA are seeking experienced and qualified Trainers to deliver higher education support to Indigenous students in remote East Arnhem Land communities.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and the ability to:
- Effectively deliver student support including Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN), digital literacy and academic skills to community members who are studying, in line with training program structures and resources whilst following relevant procedures at all times
- Escalate potential risks and barriers to achieving student engagement, attendance, and/or learning outcomes, with identified potential solutions, in a timely manner
- Provide any other training, mentoring as directed from time to time by senior management
- Initiate and nurture stakeholder partnerships to best support the education needs of the community;
- Where appropriate, conduct PTA assessments for each student, prior to commencement of his / her qualification
- Provide classroom assessments of nationally accredited courses and units of competency in accordance with NVR and AQF standards and principles with industry support, as required
- Following compliance protocols actively participate in the continuous quality improvement processes for the overall RTO Management System
- Adhere to all processes and procedures to ensure 100% compliance in all tasks required
- Engage & encourage local students through mentoring, coaching and guiding them to achieve their educational goals
- CIV40116 in Training Education and Assessment
- Higher Education Qualification (Diploma level or, higher)
A generous remuneration and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate:
- 7 weeks paid annual leave
- 11.5% superannuation
- Excellent Salary Packaging benefits
- Accommodation provided
- 4 return flights from community to Darwin annually
- Plus more!