The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is the largest aid, employment, health and advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum in Australia. The ASRC provides a range of direct services as well as participating in law reform, campaigning and lobbying.
ASRC Human Resources Partnership Program
The role of Health and Well Being Human Resources Partner (H&W) will it as part of a new team of specialised HR Professionals. This team will act as the experts in their given HR fields and work collaboratively to support the growing organisation.
The H&W Function has 3 key focus areas;
- Provide a full range of HR services to ensure that the health, well-being and safety of all staff are at the forefront of people management. We aim to provide a supportive, safe and stimulating environment for our workforce where they can contribute and thrive.
- Working in consultation with the leadership of the ASRC the role is focused on supporting the work of employees by developing systems for managing the people processes of the centre.
- To be consultative, collaborative, analytical and supportive of ASRC people management practices. The role will work with a considerable amount of autonomy and demonstrate significant innovation, initiative and judgment.
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources or Business equivalent
- Accreditation in WHS and Return to Work
- Up to date and high-level understanding of relevant OHS legislation (VIC, NSW, QLD)
- Proven experience in developing and delivering well-being programs with measured positive employee and organisation outcomes.
- Ability to develop, distribute and analyse staff surveys and the respective results
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, assess complex data sets and deliver statistical reports in a meaningful way to the wider organisation
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and engagement
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- An empathy with asylum seeker cause and commitment to the ASRC’s vision such that the incumbent is able to tailor HR programs to its unique operating environment
- Current AHRI Membership
- Current Driver’s License
- 2 years + experience overseeing the end to end OHS and Return to Work processes