Professionals Australia is a network of 25,000 Australian professionals working together for a better future.
Professionals Australia has a well-established engineering registration scheme - Registered Professional Engineer of Professionals Australia (RPEng). With the imminent introduction of a state engineering registration scheme in Victoria, Professionals Australia is keen to engage a skilled BDM who will promote the benefits of registration through the RPEng scheme in conjunction with our Engineering a Better Future program.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work with and liaise with members, staff, external organisations, employers and other stakeholders in order to promote and develop the RPEng program.
- Market the RPEng program and actively encourage engineers (members and non-members) to become registered.
The role would be best suited to candidates with a high level of communication, presentation and organisational skills.
As the Business Development Manager - Engineering Registration you will have a prime responsibility for marketing the RPEng program directly to members, potential members and employers.
- Develop a targeted and prioritised program using existing database, input from industrial staff and coordinated with organisation marketing programs.
- Undertake presentations at conferences, workplaces and meetings including webinars where appropriate.
- Build successful relationships and networks with various stakeholders.
- Organise face to face meetings and professional development seminars with members.
- Identify and mentor workplace delegates in coordinating organising activities related to the program.
- Assist and organise engineers to apply and maintain professional registration.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Qualifications and training: A tertiary qualification in engineering, industrial relations, business development or areas related to the role would be an advantage. Computer skills in using word, excel, powerpoint programs and CRM systems and databases.
- Experience: Experience in roles where you have been able to develop an awareness of engineering and the roles engineers play. Exposure to licensing, registration and professional development. Experience in developing, and hands-on implementation of sales, recruitment or marketing programs.
- Organisation skills: Ability to develop and prioritise programs, utilise and update databases, coordinate programs and functions.
- Communication: Demonstrated high-level written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Presentation skills: be a skilled and confident presenter to a range of audiences and situations.
- Teamwork and leadership: Have a strong cooperative focus, demonstrated experience in working with and coordinating teams, and being able to use initiative and take the lead as required; Maturity and professional independence to complete tasks and projects.
A current driver's licence is essential.