The Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is a community organisation with more than 30 years’ experience serving the multicultural community. We support seniors to live at home for as long as possible, helping them maintain their independence and connect to opportunities.
About The Role
- Full time, 1 year contract with possibility of extension
- Maidstone location
- Salary packaging benefits
As the Home Care Package Case Manager, you will:
- Act as the key contact person and advocate for clients in facilitating the identification of goals and development of Care Plan
- In partnership with the client, develop a goal directed care plan, organise services, provide support and monitor services to ensure quality
- Respond to client's assessed individual needs and preferences within budget
- Consider creative options and solutions that deliver exceptional client outcomes.
- Ensure that the delivery of services meet all associated funding agreement, legal standards and requirements.
- Maintain computer based and paper file documentation of assessments and care plans
- Monitor and maintain records of expenditure and ensure clients plans do not exceed budget allocations
- Maintain currency of skills and knowledge relevant to this position, including managing clients with complex needs and clients with special needs as identified in the Aged Care Act.
- Liaise with referring agencies, ACAS, local health provider and community services
- Represent AMCS at conferences, community forums and network meeting where appropriate
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Diploma in Community Services, Case Management or equivalent
- Relevant experience in the planning, co-ordination and delivery of services to the frail aged and persons with disability in their own homes incl. care management skills, assessment, care planning and coordination and conflict management
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, plan and organise a busy workload
- Demonstrated experience in budget monitoring
- Experience in supporting clients with dementia
- High level of motivation and a team orientated approach
- A high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show leadership and initiative;
- Ability to appreciate that all Clients have the right to respect and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- Decision making and analytical skills
- A current Victorian driver's license
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of an additional language and an understanding of the cultural barriers faced by the elderly preferred but not necessary