- Location: Brisbane
- Salary: Dependent on skills and experience.
- Hours: 4 days per week
- Contract period: 12 month contract (maternity leave)
Use your fundraising skills to make a real difference for our Australia’s oceans and the incredible animals that call them home.
We’re seeking applicants who are committed to increasing the impact of a highly effective environmental group. If you’re looking for a role in a supportive environment with room to grow, where your skills will be nurtured and developed, then read on.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities, using online and offline campaigns and advocacy to inspire people to protect Australia’s ocean wildlife. Our fundraising program is growing and responsive, and our Regular Giving Coordinator will play a core role to increase the power and impact of our programs. We seek a passionate fundraiser with excellent understanding of regular giving programs and direct marketing skills to join our growing team.
Purpose of position:
In this role you will be responsible for strategically co-ordinating the growth, attrition management and maintenance of our Regular Giving program, currently sized at 2000 monthly donors. You will be delivering projects primarily through tele-fundraising, digital and direct mail channels, and working closely with members of the fundraising, communications and operations team to ensure these projects are effectively rolled out.
Your role will help to provide essential, long term funds for our programs to protect our ocean wildlife. You will also help build the size and engagement of our supporter base.
Your background and skills in direct marketing, fundraising and project coordination will help you to analyse the effectiveness of our regular giving programs, to continually optimise and deliver growth to our regular giving cohort.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Regular giving program coordination & delivery
- Coordinate and deliver a suite of programs to acquire, convert, upgrade, retain and reactivate Regular Givers for AMCS using Telemarketing, direct mail, EDM, social media and SMS channels
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of all regular giving programs, including engagement journeys and make optimisation suggestions
- Assist the Fundraising Manager with the preparation of specific reports, as required
- Create and oversee creation of content required for all regular giving programs and journeys
- Conduct ongoing assessment and optimisation of regular giving donation pages to increase regular giving conversion and average gift
- Work with the fundraising and operations teams to develop and integrate regular giving programs into other fundraising programs - by adding initiatives to grow and reduce attrition of regular givers
- Intermittently support our fundraising team on other aspects of our fundraising & reporting
Supporter retention & attrition management:
- Coordinate and deliver an integrated retention and engagement program, including omni-channel engagement journeys, timely delivery of welcome packs and yearly receipts, and overseeing operational attrition control policies
- Strategically develop and suggest new ideas for engagement, retention and attrition management
- Design new marketing automation workflows for Regular Giving welcome cycles and ongoing care cycles
- Conduct ongoing assessment of attrition, across specific programs, groups and time periods to identify weak points
- Develop a new strategy to address regular giving attrition weak points using a combination of supporter retention and engagement programs and operation optimisation to address passive loss
Regular giving program growth:
- Launch and trial new acquisition programs, across multiple prospect sources, to establish a well suited ongoing regular giving acquisition suite for AMCS
- Assess and redevelop regular giving product offering in line with market research, to increase the impact of AMCSs regular giving program
- Strategically develop and suggest new ideas for prospect acquisition, conversion, upgrade and reactivation
- Work with the communications and operations team to develop and deliver the integration of the regular giving program - by adding initiatives to grow and reduce attrition of regular givers throughout our communication and operational activities
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fundraising or closely related field, with demonstrated experience in regular giving programs
- Experience running programs using telemarketing, digital and direct mail channels
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate colleagues and suppliers to deliver projects in a timely manner
- Understanding of reporting and analytics tools and metrics relevant to regular giving programs and the tele-fundraising, digital & direct mail channels
- Ability to uphold the AMCS values and work in a positive constructive manner within a multidisciplinary team
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Commitment to protecting Australia’s oceans
- Experience in the Salesforce environment (or similar), creating reports, automated workflows and dashboards
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to write great fundraising copy
- Qualifications or extensive experience in regular giving, individual giving fundraising, or direct marketing
- Experience in a volunteer or paid role for a similar not-for-profit
- Working knowledge of user experience and engagement programs
- Experience in attrition management and operational optimisation of regular giving programs
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environments
- Autonomy, ownership over projects and ability to self-direct
- The position reports directly to the AMCS Fundraising Manager and works closely with members of the Fundraising, Communications and Operations teams.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for profit charity, working on the big issues concerning the sea. We protect marine wildlife, make our fisheries sustainable and create marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where our wildlife is safe from harm. We do this by creating social, legislative and policy change. Our committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates has defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife
A full Position Description is attached below.