Aboriginal Hostels Limited (AHL):
AHL’s hostel facilities provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable accommodation for Indigenous Australians, enabling access to education, employment, health care and other essential services.
AHL is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced candidate who can fill the role of Assistant Hostel Manager to work across our two hostels located in Katherine NT. The position is available for immediate filling and we are also seeking to establish a merit pool for future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
We are looking for people who:
- Are committed to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Applicants should note that this is a Women's only medical hostel (with female only facilities) and previous experience working in a similar environment would be highly regarded;
- Previous accommodation management experience, good relationship management skills and experience in dealing with property issues;
- Have a strong focus on customer service, with the ability to communicate effectively, and work in a team environment; and
- Are in good physical health and can walk, lift and carry, and who can work to a flexible schedule.
We offer rewarding experiences and rewarding employment conditions. Benefits of the positions include:
- Assistant Hostel Manager (APS Level 3) $56,932 - $57,018 per annum; and
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per FBT year for rent, mortgage or living expenses
- $1,500 manager allowance per annum, and an annual District Allowance of $3,685 pa ($6,497 with dependants).