About the company:
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 67th year. We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence and person centred care focused on individual outcomes.
About the opportunity:
Due to our continued growth in NSW, we are looking to recruit a Support Co-Ordinator for the busy NSW Team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced support coordinator to come in and be part of a growing organisation that values its staff and provides the best service possible to clients.
As a support coordinator you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide a centralised planning and co-ordination point related to NDIS enquiries from both existing and new clients
- Assist clients, families and carers through support co-ordination
- Accurately record all progress and agreed outcomes and actions
- Respond to new support co-ordination enquiries for new participants
- Build up a reliable resource base of service providers across Caboolture and surrounding areas
- Follow up any and all questions managers have about the NDIA
- Ensure all new information from the NDIA is filtered to the appropriate people with Afford
- Any and all other duties as deemed necessary, or as requested from management.
About the candidate:
This is a pivotal role within Afford and the NDIS Team as it is the conduit between Afford and our clients, new and existing. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Strong knowledge of the NDIS, NDIS packages, person centred care and individualised support
- Previous, sound experience working within the disability industry
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to manage and deliver to multiple deadlines
- Sound ability around time and priority management
- Clear, effective communication skills - both written and verbal
- Highly computer literate
- Vietnamese speaking highly advantageous
- A clean, unrestricted drivers licence
Why be part of Afford?
- Excellent working conditions;
- Growing organisation that can offer stability and career development
- Competitive and above award pay rates and salary packaging options
- Great organisational culture of reward and recognition
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check, do a pre-placement medical assessment and have contactable references.