ACT Greens Minister Shane Rattenbury is seeking applicants for the position of Political Advisor to provide high level policy and political advice, with a particular focus on Mental Health.
Duties includes providing briefings, speeches, correspondence and other outputs; research; stakeholder liaison; and working closely other staff to deliver on long term strategic goals.
The successful candidate will have strong research and analytical skills and be a good communicator, with strong understanding of parliamentary processes and the ACT political system. Your ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders and work with limited supervision in a dynamic environment will be critical to your success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies.
The position is based in the ACT Legislative Assembly.
- Manage large quantities of information, determining priorities and ensuring the Minister’s deadlines are met by developing policy and political initiatives relevant to Minister’s portfolio and political responsibilities and providing advice, briefings, speeches, social media support and other outputs for Minister as required
- Analyse and review complex policy issues and assist Minister with issues management as directed
- Manage Mental Health ministerial portfolio issues
- Liaise with the community and stakeholders and assist with campaign, electorate and constituent activities and assist in helping communications team including responding to media inquiries and organising events as required
- Work closely with other policy advisors, media advisors and the chief of staff to support and provide input into longer term planning, strategy development, and policy review for Minister
- Assist in running of the office including answering the office phone and dealing with emails and correspondence as required
- Apply a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies
- Other duties as directed.
The salary is set at Adviser Level 1 Upper - 3rd tier, $79,920, plus super and 9.5% loadings in lieu of overtime and Long Service Leave.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Experience or understanding of community or campaigns sector; and
- Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems, legislation and/or the ACT political system.