- Are you passionate about supporting young people to gain access to employment services?
- Do you want to work for a growing, values driven not-for-profit?
- Do you have a strong belief in humanity and the basic right to a second chance?
We are seeking a passionate and experienced individual to join our Transition to Work team to deliver holistic employment services to young people from our Corrimal and Shellharbour, NSW offices. We’d love to hear from people who are motivated by working with a team of skilled and knowledgeable staff, innovative in finding solutions, and passionate about the right to a second chance.
A little bit about ACSO
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a dynamic, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We’re an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community freed of crime and prisons. It’s our goal to reduce re-offending, and our mission is to help people transition from prison, assist them in the community, stop them from re-offending, and intervene to divert others from committing crime.
The program and the role
The Employer Engagment Officer proactively engages with employers and other specific support services to source work opportunities for participants, and provides post-placement support to ensure the employer needs are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of employers for use by the TTW program team
- Negotiate work experience, employment opportunities and internships suitable to TTW clients with a vareity of employers
- Act as intermediary to TTW Youth Development Coaches and Employers during placement
- Provide intense post-placement support to the employer to maximise retention and placement success, and ensure the employer relationship is maintained for future participants
What we’re looking for?
- Relevant diploma level qualification and/or 2 years experience in the youth, community services, employment or education sectors
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintain professional stakeholder relationships
- A proven track record of achieving employment outcomes for disadvantaged jobseekers
- Highly developed administration and computer skills and competency in Microsoft Programs
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with a broad range of peoples
What ACSO can offer you
- $67k full time base salary + 9.5 % superannuation + NFP salary packaging options (more after tax $ in your pocket! $74k approx. package)
- A supportive and collaborative team and leaders
- A challenging yet rewarding position
- Learning opportunities and career development
- Annual leave loading
A full Position Description is attached below.