- Part time (0.5 FTE)
- Melbourne Based
- National focus
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the professional representative body of social workers in Australia, with more than 11,500 members. AASW sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work and have a strong voice on matters of social justice, human rights and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Australians.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated professional with senior manager experience to lead our Professional Standards and Assessments team. You will report direct to the CEO and will manage all aspects of service delivery and the delivery of defined service unit strategic goals.
This strategically-focused role is responsible for leading the development and delivery of AASW’s regulatory, accreditation and standards functions, ensuring the provision of informed advice to the CEO and Board of Directors.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Leading the Professional Standards Team in the delivery of high quality and efficient regulatory, assessment, credentialing and advisory services (AASW operates as an approved assessor as part of the Federal Government’s skilled migration programme)
- Operating as a principal advocate for the profession by taking the lead in identifying and implementing new opportunities to extend accreditation and credentialing practices across all specialist practice disciplines
- Overseeing the effective delivery of AASW’s ethics consultation and complaints management processes, including servicing the National Ethics Panel which deals with alleged breaches of conduct
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Business analytical skills and general business acumen
- Experienced people manager and leader with demonstrated capabilities of managing for effective performance outcomes including team capability and capacity building and managing employee engagement
- Highly experienced with mapping processes and systems to optimise for efficiency
- Highly experienced in developing and implementing policies within the professional standards field
- Good understanding, and practical experience of working with accreditation and credentialing frameworks and assessment processes
- Good working knowledge of regulating standards
- Successful track record of supporting a team through change including cultural, structure, system and process changes
- Experience implementation of audits and process improvements
- Confident and competent communicator, including experience of developing and managing extensive stakeholder networks and building productive, collaborative and value-add relationships
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
A full Position Description is attached below.