$90,000 donated by EthicalJobs.com.au in 2016
2016 Giving Report
As a social enterprise, EthicalJobs.com.au is committed to supporting Australian organisations that are working to make the world a more just, equitable and sustainable place.
We do this primarily by helping more than 4,000 Australian NFP organisations, charities and social enterprises to find the very best staff and volunteers.
But we also make regular donations throughout the year to a handful of small community organisations that are 'working for a better world'.
As a result, we’ve now donated over $220,000 to 92 different Australian organisations since EthicalJobs.com.au was founded in 2009.
Giving in 2016
Since January 2015, we've been choosing one NFP organisation every two months and inviting our amazing community of job-seekers – now over 200,000 strong – to donate to them via the crowdfunding platform Chuffed.
This year, we committed to match every dollar donated by the EthicalJobs.com.au community, up to $15,000, to each chosen organisation.
As a result, in 2016 EthicalJobs.com.au donated a total of $90,000 to six different organisations working across a range of issues and geographic areas.
That's more than 50% up on the amount we donated in 2015.
We were also able to encourage our community to donate over $120,000 of their own funds to be matched by ours.
That brings the total donated by our community to more than $210,000 in 2016 alone.
Our recipient organisations in 2016 were:
- Solar Citizens – a people-powered movement bringing together millions of solar owners and supporters to grow and protect solar in Australia.
- Human Rights Law Centre – an independent not-for-profit that protects and promotes human rights in Australia and Australian activities overseas.
- Luke Batty Foundation – an organisation that aims to raise community awareness, shift entrenched attitudes and campaign for policy change across business and government to address family violence. Our donations went towards the foundation's Never Alone campaign, which tackles the failures of Australia's family law system.
- 1 Million Women – a movement of women aiming to tackle climate change by empowering women as agents of change in their homes, workplaces and communities. Our matched donations helped to market 1MW's new climate change action phone app.
- Australia for Dolphins – an organisation advocating for the protection of dolphins and small whales that aren't internationally protected and killed inhumanely as a result. EthicalJobs.com.au's contribution is directly helping to stop the annual dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan.
- One Girl – an organisation on a mission to empower one million girls across Africa through education.
We’re so proud of the impact our community is able to have – and thankful for the ongoing generosity of our jobseekers!
If you’d like to nominate your organisation to receive a donation from EthicalJobs.com.au, please complete the form here.