NDIS Support Coordinator
Employer: Volunteering and Contact ACT
Work Type/s: Full Time, Part Time
Classification/s: Disability Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 10 January, 2017.
Applications close: 30 January, 2017.
This role will support NDIS participants to strengthen their ability to connect with informal, mainstream and funded supports, to increase their capacity and participate more independently within the community.
Consistent with Volunteering and Contact ACT’s strategic and corporate objectives, and policies and procedures, the NDIS Support Coordinator will:
- Provide information to potential participants on what will be provided within the scope of their NDIS allocation.
- Assist to strengthen participant’s ability to connect and coordinate supports from a range of sources.
- Work towards participant goals and outcomes and service outcomes and objectives.
- Set out expectations from both parties in partnership with participants into a Service Agreement.
- Work within clear KPI’s regarding hours delivered each month.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities associated with the service.
- Provide service booking information so that supports can be invoiced.
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of the NDIS and any relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders including planners within the NDIS and other relevant stakeholders.
- Promote the service to the general public, and to relevant external agencies.
- Present information on the service to relevant groups as required.
- Plan and implement ongoing evaluation of the service including providing mechanisms for participant feedback.
- Promote the service to all stakeholders including participants and other community organisations.
- Attend events on behalf of Volunteering and Contact ACT as required.
- Manage any current or potential conflicts of interest.
- Other duties as required.