Employer: South Port UnitingCare
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Youth, Community Development, Project Management, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 25 January, 2017.
South Port UnitingCare enables disadvantaged people to live to their full potential by providing opportunities for development and active participation in a supportive and inclusive community.
South Port UnitingCare is committed to community and youth development in the City of Port Phillip and beyond. We work with a broad range of children, young people and families including many in disadvantaged, marginalised or other difficult situations. South Port UnitingCare offer relationship supports, opportunities and services that fosters the development of positive behaviours and relationships.
Program Facilitation & Administration
- Facilitate an in-school male mentorship program (BOLT – Bicycles Over Lunch Time) in various schools as well as other workshops as required
- Prepare appropriate and relevant program resources prior to commencement of each program
- Maintain records of attendance, petty cash and report expenditures
- Prepare a youth program reports weekly, monthly, and bi-monthly to internal and external agencies within mandated deadlines
Youth Program Coordination & Delivery
- Maintain, strengthen and develop new networks and partnerships that will enhance the youth services delivery and profile
- Actively promote the service offerings to external stakeholders
- Provide input to funding submissions and acquittals
- Actively participate in monthly supervision as well as whole of agency monthly staff meetings and monthly Youth Services team meetings
Volunteers and Students
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager of programs and Services ensure all placement students and volunteers adhere to South Port UnitingCare's policies and procedures, particularly the Child Safe Policy and maintain their professional standards
- Assist with the inducted and supported of student placements and volunteers
- Ensure all Child Safe Standards protocols are adhered to when recruiting and screening volunteers and placement students
- Support and oversee volunteers and student placements to achieve program targets, program delivery and positive outcomes
Qualifications and selection criteria
Qualifications and Licenses:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (Social Work/Youth Work/Community Development) relevant to the delivery of community / youth services are essential
- Relevant experience in community youth programs and development is desirable.
- A clear police check
- A current working with children check
- An up to date First Aid certificate would be an advantage
- A full driver's license
Mandatory Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated youth programs facilitation experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Evidenced capability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with participants, their family's and schools
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in bicycle repair/maintenance or other trade skills
- A commitment to the ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia and UnitingCare Victoria and Tasmania
A full position description is attached below.