Provincial Primary Health Service Officer - Solomon Islands
Employer: Scope Global
Work Type/s: Full Time, Contract
Classification/s: Health Promotion, International Aid & Development, Project Management
Sector/s: Federal Government
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 29 January, 2017.
- Provincial Primary Health Service Officer - The Ministry of Health & Medical Services (MHMS) – Solomon Islands
- Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – B2
- 12 month role
- Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) is responsible for improving maternal and child health, reducing disease, delivering essential medicines and better health services throughout the Solomon Islands. The MHMS requires an Adviser to strengthen primary health care planning and financial management at the provincial level. You will be accountable to, and managed by the Provincial Health Directors, Guadalcanal Province and Honiara City Council.
This role is expected to commence in April 2017 for a period of 12 months.
- Strengthen financial management in the Province by supporting the provincial health director and their operational teams
- Provide ex ante financial controls for DFAT funds and provide support with budget preparation, execution and monitoring
- Improve primary health service program planning and implementation in line with MHMS Strategic Plan and Role Delineation Policy
- Build capacity in the team and thereby support the province to begin implementing the role delineation policy
- Demonstrated organisational planning and/or project management skills, including financial management and budgeting skills
- Experience implementing primary health programs and/or community based health services
- Demonstrated experience in a developing country context, understanding of issues faced in provincial locations outside of the main urban centre and a preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing countries’ government procurement and financial management procedures, policies and distribution
- High level interpersonal, leadership, representation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross cultural team to coach and mentor people and achieve organisational priorities
- Remuneration in line with the ARF - B2
- Mobility allowance
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
A full position description is attached below.