Health Infrastructure Adviser - Solomon Islands
Employer: Scope Global
Work Type/s: Full Time, Contract
Classification/s: International Aid & Development, Project Management, Trades & Services
Sector/s: Federal Government
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 29 January, 2017. (Expired)
- Health Infrastructure Adviser – Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) – Solomon Islands
- Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3
- 12 month role
- Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) is responsible for delivering health care throughout the Solomon Islands, functioning infrastructure is key to the effective provision of public, primary and curative health services. The MHMS requires an Adviser to improve infrastructure project implementation and support health infrastructure projects. You will be accountable to, and managed by the Under Secretary Admin and Finance.
This role is expected to commence in April 2017 for a period of 12 months.
- Work with MHMS to improve its ability to deliver health infrastructure projects through implementation of the MHMS Annual Works Program, including the 476 development budget
- Build the capacity of the MHMS Infrastructure and Asset Unit to effectively manage the MHMS’s Works Program infrastructure projects and contracts, including planning, budgeting, payment processing, project supervision and contract administration systems and processes
- Strengthen MHMS Procurement Unit capacity to reform infrastructure procurement processes
- Ensure planning, design, construction and maintenance of MHMS infrastructure projects is consistent with MHMS Role Delineation Policy requirements
- Ensure that contracted architectural and project management services are well managed, effective and provide value for money
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in Engineering, Architecture or Project Management
- Previous experience building institutional and individual capacity in infrastructure project and asset management, preferably in a developing country context
- Experience overseeing the successful implementation of capital works programs
- High level interpersonal, leadership, representation and communication skills
- Commitment to team work, coaching and mentoring other people
- Remuneration in line with the ARF - C3
- Mobility allowance
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
A full position description is attached below.