Employer: Australian Regional and Remote Community Services
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Aged Care & Seniors’ Rights, Health Care & Allied Health, Mental Health & Counselling, Nursing
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 10 January, 2017.
Applications close: 06 February, 2017. (Expired)
DSA (Dementia Support Australia), Darwin is hosted by ARRCS and provides information and advice regarding behaviours related to dementia, for carers and people living with dementia. As an organisation we believe in compassion, respect, justice, working together and leading through learning. We are committed to "closing the gap" and seek passionate, determined and like-minded people.
We are seeking for a professional and compassionate Dementia Consultant to provide support to our clients. This is a Full-Time position.
To fulfil this role you will possess:
- Registration as a Nurse or allied health professional with AHPRA or hold equivalent qualifications recognised as appropriate assets within the multidisciplinary team.
- Extensive Knowledge of Dementia, and behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive assessments and develop behaviour management plans within a holistic framework.
- Knowledge of support services, assessment tools, techniques and resources available to assist the clients of the service.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and organisational skills
- An ability to work independently without supervision.