National Events Coordinator
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Family Services, Project Management, Youth, Fundraising
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 16 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017.
- Are you impeccably organised, detail oriented and passionate about events?
- Would you like to make a meaningful difference to children, young people and families facing cancer?
- Full time, permanent position - based in our Redfern office.
Redkite is a leading national charity committed to supporting children, young people and families facing cancer. We provide essential financial, education and emotional support services from diagnosis, throughout treatment and beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and results focused fundraising team. Redkite has an amazing community of supporters with exciting opportunities to develop new relationships. All supporters become part of the Redkite family and are managed with a professional, strategic and personal approach.
About the role:
The National Events Coordinator is an organised team player and an integral support role to the National Project Manager- Events. This role is responsible for the effective support and execution of the national logistics and prize procurement of Redkite’s signature fundraising event, the Redkite Corporate Quiz. The National Events Coordinator must be an experienced and driven individual with a visionary flair and ability to produce events from conception through to completion. The ability to seek out and obtain support via the sourcing and securing of sponsorship and auction items is critical to the role.
The successful candidate will have:
- Events and relationship management experience
- Not-for-profit fundraising experience specialising in the area of events
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management, not-for-profit studies, communications, marketing or business
- Budget management with proven results in meeting revenue and expenditure targets
- Proven success in working with senior stakeholders and networks to develop leads and opportunities for event partnerships and opportunities
- Proven experience in delivering complex events with key stakeholder involvement.
A full position description is attached below.