Business Operations Manager - Wholesale Division
Employer: Jasper Coffee
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Business Development & Sales, Communications & Marketing, FairTrade & Organic, Operations & Risk Management
Sector/s: Business/Private Sector
Job posted on: 28 November, 2016.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Family Owned Coffee Roasting & Wholesale Distribution Co.
- Leadership role for a recognised National Brand
- Passionate, energetic and socially responsible workplace
About the Company
Founded in 1989, Jasper Coffee is an independently owned family business located in Collingwood, Melbourne. Corporate Social Responsibility is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and at the heart of our coffee and other products.
We are proud to be a B Corporation, the first Fairtrade Roaster in Australia along with being Organic and Carbon Neutral Certified. The Roastery employs 25 people who diligently work to produce and distribute our vast range of quality coffees and other products across our Wholesale Cafés, FMCG, the Corporate arena and Web customers. We also have five iconic retail stores serving and selling our coffee across Melbourne.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee and develop the Business Operations and HR functions of the Jasper Coffee Wholesale Roasting and Distribution business with a hands on efficiency, ethical endeavour, diligence and governance, to drive growth, and contribute to mentoring management as you instil an improvement and innovation ethos within the team.
About the Role
This is a full-time role to oversee the business operations of the Roastery. Supported by our team, you will be responsible for:
- Human Resources management
- Stakeholder management
- Workplace Health & Safety management
- Organic, Fairtrade, Carbon Neutral Audits and Certification Compliance, along with B Corporation Status Maintenance and Improvements and Reporting.
- Coffee production, supply, delivery and quality control management
- Efficiency gains & business/financial growth and Revenue growth.
- Maintaining and enhancing coffee Industry knowledge and awareness
- Asset management (property, vehicles, equipment, other)
- Contract management - suppliers and customers
- Loan equipment program management
- Event management in conjunction with Marketing Consultant
- Budgets and expenditure in consultation with the Finance Manager
- Setting, attending and leading management meetings
- Culture, values and brand ambassador in and outside of the business
- Degree qualified in either Business Management, Marketing or Accountancy
- 5 years experience in a similar role gained in a medium sized manufacturing/food production business
- People person who can motivate, support, mentor guide and organise others
- Consultative and confident individual who can also work independently with strategy and vision.
- HR, Recruitment, OH&S experience
- Business and Finance acumen, analytical and detail minded
- Committed to work within the framework of our sustainability platforms.
- Passionate and strong work ethic to enhance the business’ success, profits and position as an Industry leader
- Must be articulate, with excellent reading and writing skills and be confident with presentations and speaking to groups.
- Coffee Drinking experience
- Humour and Humility
Favourable but not essential
- Coffee industry experience
- Procurement experience
- SAP or similar ERP software experience
- Organic or similar certification programs experience
- Experience working with packaging equipment, materials and suppliers
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview.