Digital Communications Manager
Employer: Climate Council
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Environment & Sustainability, Fundraising, Green Energy, Management, Media & Arts
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 07 December, 2016.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Sydney or Melbourne
Create world-class digital content on the biggest issue of our time. This role focuses on communicating climate change in new and engaging ways reaching 8 million people a month on social media.
The Climate Council is the leading voice on climate change in Australia – providing independent, expert information to the Australian community.
Digital communications is at the heart of what we do: breaking down news, research and policy into engaging online content – reaching 8 million people a month on social media, with a direct audience of 300,000+ people. We strongly believe and invest in digital content as a key way to reach new audiences in a fragmented media space.
This multimedia content creation role focuses on communicating climate change in new and engaging ways. The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for writing, designing and producing a broad range of communications including social media posts, major video productions, fundraising emails, web articles and more. You will curate and create cut-through content on climate change, and distribute it worldwide through our rapidly-growing online network.
It’s an opportunity to work with some of the best climate communicators, researchers and experts in the world – in an innovative, strategic, tech-driven communications organisation.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategy: Lead our content & digital communications strategies.
- Social media content: Conceive and create shareable social media posts, including graphic design and pithy commentary.
- Copywriting: Write a broad range of copy including video scripts, web articles, fundraising emails and more. Ensure a consistent tone of voice.
- Graphic design: Design simple graphics for Facebook posts, web articles and events.
- Video production: Concept development, script-writing, asset sourcing, talent sourcing, shoot management, edit supervision.
- Web publishing: Publish our world-leading reports and other online content on climatecouncil.org.au using our custom CMS.
- Web project management: Oversee the design and development of new website projects for campaigns and other activities.
- Supplier management: Project manage the delivery of major creative and tech projects with our suppliers and partners.
- Planning: Manage our content calendar, from daily social media posting to major project launches. Editorial responsibility for content mix, in line with organisational strategy.
- Reactive communications: Identify opportunities, develop creative and publish in a timely manner.
- Distribution: Develop distribution partnerships and share our content with relevant organisations, publishers and stakeholders.
- Online advertising: Promote content and campaigns through channels such as Facebook advertising.
- Fundraising: Work closely with fundraising team to generate ideas and implement campaigns.
- Evaluation: Evaluate the effectiveness of our digital communications, report back on successes and learnings.
You are a creative thinker with loads of ideas, complemented by strong visual communication and writing skills to make them happen. You’re a go-getter with a proven ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment – thinking quickly on your feet and producing effective content on the fly. You have a strong knowledge of internet trends and pop culture, with the ability to produce engaging content on any topic and find the perfect gif or emoji for any occasion. Impact-driven and a problem-solver, you have a take-charge attitude and readily take responsibility for driving projects forward.
You know your craft.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a digital content production or digital communications role.
- A strong portfolio of creative, strategic digital content.
- Hands-on experience managing social media pages across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Current knowledge of new tech developments, internet trends and pop culture.
- Strong working knowledge of digital platforms and software – e.g. Facebook, Facebook Ads, Twitter, YouTube, Google Analytics, website CMS, fundraising systems.
- Experience running integrated digital campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Experience managing website development projects.
- Photoshop proficiency is an advantage.
You are an amazing communicator.
- Strong visual thinker with the ability to conceptualise engaging videos, graphics and web content.
- Talented writer with the ability to craft punchy copy for a range of audiences and platforms.
You’re a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performing team, and build strong relationships with partners and suppliers.
You have strong passion and drive
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Results-focused with ability to make data-driven decisions around your creative output.
- Passion for communications or advocacy, and a personal drive to succeed.
A competitive package will be agreed with the successful applicant.