Strategy and Program Producer
Employer: Big hART
Work Type/s: Full Time, Contract
Classification/s: Community Development, Management, Media & Arts, Project Management, Women's Organisations & Services, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 25 January, 2017.
- Key leadership role in developing an innovative approach to family violence prevention
- Overseeing an exciting primary prevention program with young women
- Full time position with Australia’s leading arts and social change company
About Project O
Big hART design and deliver transformative art projects to address complex social issues. Project O is one of Big hART’s most exciting projects, working with young women to drive change in rural communities affected by family violence. It promotes the importance of personal agency and generational change, backing young women as change-makers in their own community.
Following a successful pilot in a Federal Government designated family violence hotspot in Tasmania, the potential for Project O to be rolled out in other communities is now being piloted in Cooma, N.S.W.
The Strategy and Program Producer (NSW/ACT) will oversee Project O activity and strategy in Cooma NSW, and Canberra, ACT. They will develop key relationships in Canberra with the Federal and ACT governments – ensuring positive findings from the pilot have appropriate input into ministerial and policy forums.
Initial period: February – December 2017, with potential to extend.
- Create and maintain strategic and high-profile relationships
- Coordinate a team of local and interstate artists, youth workers, mentors and administration staff
- Maintain high quality, integrity of process and outcomes
- Facilitate programs and produce key events
- Input into project design and strategy, evaluation and reporting, media strategy, and oversee their implementation
- Collaborate with other Big hART projects
- Manage funding partnerships with government, philanthropic and corporate partners, and research and develop new ones.
The successful applicant:
Big hART is serious about long-term generational change and is seeking a mature and experienced producer, with a passion for social change and art, who understands the subtlety required for community development.
Ideally you have a background in the arts or NFP sector, and have experience in producing, youth work, social change, government, communications, advocacy, campaigns, or management.
- Work with integrity, strategically across all levels this project.
- Have strong leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Be collaborative, flexible, pro-active, passionate, and entrepreneurial
- Have a high level of initiative and confidence in negotiating high-value relationships
- Be able to travel and work between communities
- Have knowledge of political landscape and the national discourse on family violence, and generational change
If you are interested in working with a multi-award winning innovative company and steering an exciting project based in Cooma and Canberra, with the potential for national roll out, we invite you to apply for this role within our dynamic team.
A full position description is attached below.