Group Facilitators x3 - Parentzone Program - Morwell
Employer: Anglicare Victoria
Work Type/s: Casual, Contract, Part Time
Classification/s: Community Development, Family Services, Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional VIC
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 25 January, 2017.
Seeking several Group Facilitators to deliver a variety of parenting and children’s programs across the Gippsland Region.
- A great role for anyone passionate about working with children and their families.
- 1 x Part Time ongoing, 1 x PT fixed term & 1 x casual.
- Primarily located from Morwell with travel to other Gippsland offices as required in the part time role.
Parentzone Gippsland is a regional parenting service that aims to strengthen family life in Gippsland by promoting positive parent / child interactions and relationships. This is achieved by enhancing skill and knowledge through the delivery of a variety of parenting and children’s programs in locations across the Gippsland region and providing resources to parents and professionals. Objectives:
- To co-ordinate and facilitate parenting and / or children’s programs and professional development in Gippsland, with particular reference to meeting the needs of disadvantaged and socially isolated communities.
- Take steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and wellbeing and other family members.
- To work with members of families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including a positive engagement with their community.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in either social/welfare, psychology, youth work, community development or related areas are preferred.
- To present and conduct parenting and / or children’s programs to individuals and groups, designed to enhance the skills of parents, children and caregivers.
- Use a range of techniques and approaches to engage with parents, children and families that are reluctant or ambivalent about using support services, including outreach to families in their homes or local community venues to conduct 1-1 parenting support and education when required.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.