Family Support Practitioner - Cairns
Employer: Act for Kids
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Youth, Family Services, Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional QLD
Job posted on: 03 January, 2017.
Applications close: 13 January, 2017. (Expired)
At Act for Kids we believe that all kids should have a safe and happy childhood, free from abuse and neglect. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. In 2014-15 42,457 children suffered from abuse or neglect in Australia.
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 20 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 28 years.In 2015-2016 we helped 20,000 Australians; a 25% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and preschools designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the role
We are currently looking for a full-time Family Support Practitioner to join our team in Cairns. This role is fixed-term until 31 March 2019. Responsibilities within the role includes:
- Delivering an outreach model of family case-management programs to families, caregivers, kids and young people.
- Facilitating social learning, community connectedness, good health and wellbeing.
- Engaging families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in conjunction with the family which addresses unmet needs and child protection concerns.
- To see the full position description see below and visit: http://www.actforkids.com.au/careers.html
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least 2 years' experience providing case-management and therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in a child protection framework.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Remuneration & Benefits
This position is classified Level 4 under the SCHCADS award. The salary range is $57,433 - $62,530 per annum (above award) plus 9.5% superannuation. In addition, Act for Kids has an excellent salary packaging program, which offers team members the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay.
Joining a strong values based organisation you will have access to benefits such as:
- Professional Development
- Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave