Manager - Circles of Support & Respect Ed
Employer: YWCA Canberra
Work Type/s: Part Time, Full Time
Classification/s: Mental Health & Counselling, Social Work, Women's Organisations & Services, Youth, Family Services, Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Job posted on: 11 January, 2017.
Applications close: 24 January, 2017.
- Work for a values-based organisation within a feminist and social justice framework
- Flexibility available for part-time or full-time hours
- Salary Packaging available
About YWCA Canberra
YWCA Canberra is a feminist, for purpose organisation which has been providing services and representing women's issues in Canberra since its establishment in 1929. Today, we provide leading and innovative services to women and the broader Canberra community in the areas of children's services, community development, housing, youth services, personal and professional training, and women's leadership.
Circles of Support provides strengths-based therapeutic counselling for children, young people and their families across the ACT, who are assessed as requiring professional therapeutic interventions to address issues impacting on young people. The service provides child and young person centred, and family focused services to meet the unique and individual needs of service users. The service primarily provides therapeutic services to children and young people aged eight to fifteen years, and their families. The service model is based on attachment theory and is very relationship focused. The direct client work includes individual session based counselling, group work, and family work. Counsellors utilise active engagement and assertive outreach to support the delivery of the service.
The Respectful Relationships Program delivers YWCA Canberra’s suite of respectful relationships programs, ‘Respect Ed’.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, The Manager of Circles of Support and Respectful Relationships is responsible for:
- The management of Circles of Support, a strengths-based therapeutic counselling service for children, young people and their families across the ACT, and
- The management of YWCA Canberra's suite of respectful relationships programs, 'Respect Ed’, which includes:
- Teaching Respect Ed
- Respect, Communicate, Choose
- Relationship Things
- Relationship Things Online
- Bystander Intervention Workshops
The role carries a small counselling case load, and is responsible for the management of programs, staff, budgets, data collection and reporting.
In addition to experience working with children, young people and their families from a strengths based perspective, the ideal candidate has:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling
- Current ACT Registration (where applicable) or eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of a range of therapeutic interventions including:
- Strengths Based Practice
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy and
- Group programs
- A sound understanding of Attachment Theory and the impact of Trauma.
- A sound understanding of gender issues.
A full position description is attached below.