Employment Placement Facilitator
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Social Work, Youth, HR & Employment Services, Mental Health & Counselling
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 09 January, 2017.
Applications close: 23 January, 2017.
- This role will be based at the Whitelion Head Office in West Melbourne.
Whitelion was established in 1999 as a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people at risk to reach their full potential.
We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated Employment Placement Facilitator to deliver a new Victorian Government initiative: Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN). Whitelion has been awarded funding to provide employment assistance to disadvantaged young people between the ages of 16-25.
Some of the position’s responsibilities include:
- Provide case management support to young people assessed as eligible and participating in the JVEN program.
- Support participants to Identify and address barriers to enable successful participation in employment and training.
- Provide pre-employment training, employment placement and post placement support
- Liaise with key stakeholder groups and community agencies
- Identify and seek employment opportunities for participants
- Provide mentoring and support to participants engaged in employment to successfully meet outcomes
To be successful in this role you will require a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Psychology, Social Science or related areas and/or demonstrated relevant employment experience. You will also be required to undergo a criminal record check and hold a current Working with Children’s Check. Experience working in the Employment sector is highly regarded.
Salary is range is $55,881.28- $60,129.68 plus employer superannuation contributions of 9.5%.and generous salary packaging which includes a fully maintained motor vehicle. Whitelion also provide three additional annual leave days during the Christmas break.
A full position description is attached below.