Donor Relations & Bequests Leader
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Communications & Marketing, Community Development, Fundraising, Management, Social Work, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 03 February, 2017.
Applications close: 24 February, 2017. (Expired)
Whitelion was established in 1999 as a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people at risk to reach their full potential.
We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated Donor Relations & Bequests Leader to manage all donor appeals and donor data base. This role provides a direct personal relationship to current and future supporters of Whitelion and Open Family Australia. This role is responsible for confirming that supporters have considered leaving a gift in their will to Open Family Australia or Whitelion and maintaining donor databases and fundraising campaigns as well as reaching our current donor fundraising targets.
Some of the positions responsibilities include:
- Managing donor database
- Ensure all donor appeals are organised and dispatched on time.
- Implement a donor/bequest strategic plan and Implement a strategic plan for identifying prospects
- Develop a donor communication plan/strong writing skills
- Organise, attend and liaise with donors at event and supervise other staff at the functions.
- Follow up with donors to confirm their commitment to leave a gift in their will
- Report weekly to the General Manager Partnerships & Communications
- Maintain the bequest communication materials
- Maintain records for Wills received
- Various other tasks as required
To be successful in this role you will require:
- a relevant tertiary qualification in Business Development, Social Work, Youth Work, Psychology, Social Science or related areas and/or demonstrated relevant employment experience.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office essential. IMIS, Artez, Informz preferable but not essential
- You will also be required to undergo a criminal record check and hold a current Working with Children’s Check. Experience working in the Employment sector is highly regarded.
What you'll get in return:
- Great Salary Packaging
- an additional three (3) days gifted leave per year
- This office provides a great team environment and plenty of support
- Flexible Hours
- Access to Employee Assistance Program