Residential Services Administration Support
Employer: The Salvation Army Westcare
Work Type/s: Full Time
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 18 December, 2015.
Applications close: 15 January, 2016. (Expired)
- Full time, Ongoing position
- Work close to home, Sunshine location
- Attractive Remuneration Package (Including salary packaging options)
Westcare’s Residential Services currently operate eight Residential Units across the Department of Human Services, West Division. These Units house up to 5 young people at any one time between the ages of 12 and 18 years, who are referred by Child Protection Services and require a high level of professional, trauma informed care.
This newly created position will provide crucial and quality administration support to Westcare’s residential services program team. This is a fast paced role where no day is the same and a flexible, organised and collaborative approach will set you up for success. In return you will have the opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive team who are making an important and valued contribution to the community.
- Provide support and coordination to Westcare’s Residential Services and Program Managers
- Recruitment of residential workers to Westcare’s Residential Services
- Assist and support Westcare’s Residential Services Unit Manager’s in preparing for Residential Services Audits
- Coordinate Westcare’s Residential Services Manager’s Meetings
- Effectively and accurately complete minutes of the Westcare’s Residential Services Manager’s Meetings
- Assist in the development of a new Residential Workers Starter Pack for all newly appointed residential workers
- Liaise with Westcare’s Senior Administration regarding contracts and ensure the contracts meet all requirements
- Liaise with Westcare’s Training and Events Coordinator and Westcare’s Residential Services Program Managers and any other relevant stakeholders regarding Westcare’s Residential Services Workers training
- Please review the Position Description for more information regarding the responsibilities and expectations for this role
The successful candidate
- We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, personable and organised individual who is self-motivated with excellent communication skills. You will be able to effectively manage conflicting priorities within a fast paced and ever changing environment and provide a high level of reliable support for the team while maintaining a calm and professional approach
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fast paced administration position. A tertiary qualification in administration or similar and previous experience working in the social sector is preferred but not essential
- Prior to appointment the successful candidate must consent to a police check prior to appointment and then as required by TSA Policy throughout their employment.
- A valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) is required for this position and must be maintained by the employee throughout their employment.